River Gardeners’ Association are working hard to encourage the gardeners of tomorrow.
We have made strong links with River Primary School where teachers run a gardening club. We were delighted to receive some art work from the children which was displayed at all our show in 2018.
We have also invited all the local Preschools to participate in a fun, free Sunflower Growing competition which River Gardeners’ have sponsored. Prizes will be awarded for the biggest Sunflower head, which will be judged at our up-coming Autumn Show.
We also encourage Children to participate in our specialist ‘Children’s section of our Shows, with fun and quick artwork and exhibits to make.
For the Spring Show:
- A Pasta Picture (max size A4) – 7 years and under
- An Easter Bonnet – 8-15 years
- A Spring Flower growing in a pot – up to 15 years
- Photography: “My Best Friend” – up to 15 years
- Photography: A view of River Village – up to 15 years
For the Summer Show:
- A Potato print Picture – 7 years and under
- A Model Animal made with Fruit and Vegetables – 8-15 years
- 3 longest Runner Beans, combined length is the winner – up to 15 years
- Photography: A Photo of a Butterfly – up to 15 years
- Photography: A Photo of a fluffy / furry Animal – up to 15 years
For the Autumn Show:
- Floating Flowers in a Saucer / dish, up to 25cm – 7 years and under
- 3 Rice Krispie Cakes – 8-15 years
- Largest Sunflower Head – up to 15 years
- Photography: “Transport” – up to 15 years
- Photography: A Close up of a Sunflower – up to 15 years
To Enter the above classes, complete the Online Entry Form, by 9PM Wednesday prior to the Show. On Show Day bring your exhibits to River Village Hall, between 9AM and 10:30AM where are helpful Volunteers are on hand to assist. See the Events Section for the dates of our Shows.